Turmeric Yellow Curry
COOK LIKE A THAI,
THE HARD WORK'S DONE:
· Yellow curry sauce
(already cooked and seasoned) 200g
· Kao soi yellow noodles 100g
· Thai essentials: pickled cabbage 20g , chilli flakes 1g, fried red onions 3g
WHAT YOU NEED:
· Your favourite meat, seafood or veg
With heat booster and Thai curry noodles
This Chiang-Mai-style curry, known as kao soi, is from the north of Thailand where the mix of Chinese and Thai cultures produces a distinctive regional cuisine. The coconut milk gives it a light, soup-like consistency, but it's the turmeric and the Thai herbs and spices that provide the complexity of
flavour: fragrant, savoury, sweet and creamy
with a little bit of fire. Good with chicken.
EFFORTLESS THAI COOKING – SERVES 2
1.Prepare noodles: Boil noodles in a saucepan of boiling water for 7 mins. When cooked,
drain noodles through a strainer, drop them into cold water, strain again and set aside.
2. Cook meat: Place a wok with a tablespoon of oil on medium heat. Add 200g of chicken
(or other meat, seafood or veg) and a cup of water. Cook and stir till bubbling.
Keep stirring on medium heat till meat is cooked through.
3. Add sauce and essentials: Pour in the Grab Thai Go curry sauce and
bring back to temperature. Serve Thai-style with room-temperature noodles,
or with noodles warmed through in a microwave. To finish, scatter over the Thai essentials.